Designers can start submitting designs now; deadline is November 30!
We’re very excited to have officially opened the 3D Printed KC Royals Trophy Competition!
We’re now accepting submissions and have extended the submission deadline to give everyone Turkey Day weekend as extra time to perfect their design (or to submit multiple designs!). Please send us your submission(s) before end of day Monday, November 30th, by emailing trophycontest@3Diligent.com with the following details:
- Your trophy CAD file
- Your name, birth date, address, telephone number and preferred email address
- Your preferred printing process for the design
- Your preferred materials and finish for the design
We’ll be judging on the following criteria:
- Creative reference to the Royals winning the championship
- Realistic design and manufacturing consideration (i.e., uniquely suited to 3D Printing)
- Creativity, originality, and uniqueness
- Overall design and appearance
Please keep designs inside a bounding box 10 inches cubed, and please don’t infringe on the actual World Series trophy design, as that is trademarked content belonging to MLB and Tiffany.
Semifinalists will get $100 cash and $250 credit for use on future jobs on www.3Diligent.com. The winner will get $500 cash and $1,000 in platform credit. We’ll also be printing the trophy as a gift to the Royals, so if it’s awesome enough, it might find a place next to the circular one with the little flags on it!
Here’s a link to the official contest rules: http://news.3diligent.com/trophy-contest-terms/
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!